About the Yellow Springs High School Boys Pre-Season Soccer Tournament
On July 17-19, 2020 the Yellow Springs High School Boys Soccer Team will be hosting our 7th Pre-Season Soccer Tournament at Yellow Springs High School. It will be an exciting, fun and competitive tournament to showcase top quality talent from around the state. We have both a varsity and junior varsity divisions and there will be a champion for each. Play begins Friday morning, July 17th and running through through Sunday evening, July 19th.
Teams wanting to apply to participate can do so by clicking the "Apply" tab above and completing the online application form. Application submission deadline is Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
• Games played on 4 fields, all located at Yellow Springs High School.
• Varsity and Junior Varsity divisions, with a champion for each.
• Tournament play will use a World Cup format.
• Teams playing in each division will be assigned to groups for preliminary rounds.
• Guaranteed 4 Preliminary Round games, 2 each on Friday and Saturday.
• Preliminary Round Games
- Two 30 minute halves with a five minute halftime break
- Point System: Win - 3 points, Tie - 1 point, Loss - 0 points.
- Top two teams with most points from each group will advance to knock-out round.
• Knock-out Round games
- Two 20 minute halves with a five minute halftime break
- If tied after regulation time, a sudden death shoot out will determine winner.
• Championship games will be played Sunday, July 19th
- Team Trophies will be presented to the tournament champion and runner-up in Varsity and Junior Varsity divisions.
- Players from the tournament champion and runner-up will receive individual medals.
Yellow Springs High School Boys Pre-Season Soccer Tournament
Ben Van Ausdal, YSHS Head Boys Varsity Soccer Coach and Tournament Director 937-532-3539
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.