Rules for the 2023 Yellow Springs High School Boys Pre-Season Soccer Tournament
• Games will be played across four fields all located at Yellow Springs High School.
• All games will be officiated by 2 Ohio licensed and certified referees.
• The tournament will include both Varsity and Jr Varsity divisions.
• All games will be played using a World Cup format. Varsity division teams will be divided into groups, the number of which will be determined by the number of accepted applications in each division. All teams from both Varsity and JR Varsity divisions will play a round robin schedule of Preliminary games on Friday and Saturday.
• All teams guaranteed minimum of 4 games - 2 each on Friday and Saturday.
• Friday and Saturday preliminary games will consist of two 30 minute halves with a five minute halftime break.
• A point system will be used to qualify for knock out rounds: Win - 3 points, Tie - 1 point, Loss - 0 points.
• Tiebreaker order: 1. Points, 2. Head to Head, 3. Goal Differential, 4. Fewest goals allowed - Net, 5. Goals scored - Net, 6 - Coin toss
• Top three teams with most points from each Varsity Division group and the Varsity Division 4th place finishing team with most points will advance to Sunday's knock out rounds.
• Top two teams with most points from each JR Varsity Division group will advance to Sunday's knock out rounds.
• Knock out round games will consist of two 20 minute halves with a five minute halftime break
• Knock out games tied after two 20 minute halves will be decided by sudden death shoot out per Ohio High School Athletics Association (OHSAA) rules.
• Varsity and Jr. Varsity Championship games will be played Sunday, July 17th.
• Trophies will be awarded to overall champion and runner up teams in each division. Players from the tournament champion and runner-up will receive individual medals.
• Weather conditions may require schedule changes, cancellations or shortened games. All decisions on schedule/game changes or cancellations will be made by the Tournament Director. No refunds for any schedule/game changes or cancellations.
• There is no limit on how many players be on a team, but all players must be eligible to play in the upcoming fall season.
• Schools with more than one participating team MAY use floater players to play for both Varsity and Jr Varsity teams. However, Varsity starters MAY NOT play on the school's Jr Varsity team but Jr Varsity players MAY play on the school's Varsity team.
• First team listed on schedule is home team.
• All teams should have both a light and dark matching uniform/t-shirt available for all players. Numbers are not required. In cases of a color conflict, one team may be asked to change uniform colors at the sole discretion of the referee.
• All players must wear shin guards and may not wear wrist bands or jewelry of any type.
• Player substitutions may be made on a dead ball.
All other rules and concussion guidelines will follow OHSAA rule/guidelines.
Yellow Springs High School Boys Pre-Season Soccer Tournament
Ben Van Ausdal, YSHS Head Boys Varsity Soccer Coach and Tournament Director 937-532-3539
Content on this site is ©Copyright 1999-2023 Rivershark Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.