Rules for the 2019 Yellow Springs High School Boys Pre-Season Soccer Tournament
• Games will be played across four fields all located adjacent to each other at Yellow Springs High School.
• All games will be officiated by 2 Ohio licensed and certified referees.
• The tournament will include both Varsity and Jr Varsity divisions.
• All games will be played using a World Cup format. Varsity division teams will be divided into four groups (A - D) and JR Varsity division teams playing in a single group (JV). All teams from both Varsity and JR Varsity divisions will play a round robin schedule on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
• All teams guaranteed minimum of 4 games - 2 each on Friday and Saturday.
• Saturday preliminary games will consist of two 30 minute halves with a five minute halftime break.
• Point system will be used to qualify for knock out rounds: Win - 3 points, Tie - 1 point, Loss - 0 points.
• Tiebreaker order: 1. Points, 2. Head to Head, 3. Goal Differential, 4. Fewest goals allowed - Net, 5. Goals scored - Net
• 8 Varsity teams and all JR. Varsity teams will advance to Sunday's knock out rounds:
- Top two teams with most points from each of the four Varsity Division groups
- All six JR Varsity teams
• Knock out round games will consist of two 20 minute halves with a five minute halftime break
• Knock out games tied after two 20 minute halves will be decided by sudden death shoot out per Ohio High School Athletics Association (OHSAA) rules.
• Jr. Varsity Championship game will be played Sunday, July 21st.
• Varsity Championship game will be played Sunday, July 21st.
• Trophies will be awarded to overall champion and runner up teams in each division. Players from the tournament champion and runner-up will receive individual medals.
• Weather conditions may require schedule changes, cancellations or shortened games. All decisions on schedule/game changes or cancellations will be made by the Tournament Director. No refunds for any schedule/game changes or cancellations.
• There is no limit on how many players be on a team, but all players must be eligible to play in the upcoming fall season.
• Schools with more than one participating team MAY NOT move players between teams.
• First team listed on schedule is home team.
• All teams should have both a light and dark matching uniform/t-shirt available for all players. Numbers are not required. In cases of a color conflict, one team may be asked to change uniform colors at the sole discretion of the referee.
• All players must wear shin guards and may not wear wrist bands or jewelry of any type.
• Player substitutions may be made on a dead ball.
All other rules and concussion guidelines will follow OHSAA rule/guidelines.
Yellow Springs High School Boys Pre-Season Soccer Tournament
Ben Van Ausdal, YSHS Head Boys Varsity Soccer Coach and Tournament Director 937-532-3539
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.